Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Worf's Personal Log - Star Date 36.06

I had to write a research paper for Science. I chose to research Tay-Sachs disease because I had to do something about genetics and this is a genetic disease of Ashkenazi Jews. I worked hard on the report, doing the research and writing 3 to 4 drafts before I got it done.

I got the report back today. My science teacher gave it back with N/C, which means No Credit. I didn't understand it. My teacher told me about all the things that were wrong with it. It was really discouraging. She explained in great detail what was wrong and I finally figured out the flood of stuff she was telling me. She wants a diagram, more information about what CAUSES the symptoms of neurological decline, and the genetics part needs to be fixed because she thinks it only talks about symptoms and not genetics. That's dumb--it does talk about the genetics. I don't really get what else she wants me to do about the genetics part.

I was discouraged and felt like all the work I put into writing this report was a total waste. I mean, come on, she gave me a N/C which is like an "F" which only someone who didn't do any work should get. I worked really hard and didn't get any credit at all. Makes me wonder why I bother at all.....

--End Transmission--

Comments:
All you can do is resubmit it and hope that next time you ask allot of questions so you know exactly what the teacher wants.
 
Hey, I talked to Susan today and we have a plan to make school life easier. LOTS easier. Hang in there!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]